Monday, December 30, 2013

A look back & looking ahead

An ode to 2013...

I set a few goals for myself and achieved them - I blogged every day in May. I also took two HR classes and passed with A's.

I have become more in tune with my sense of style. J Crew, I'm looking at you kid. I'm trying to embrace my curves more and appreciate them instead of drastically wishing I was somehow different. I can't get enough of plaid, flannel, skinny jeans, and the "statement necklace".





We travelled to New York, Utah, Oregon, and the Carolinas. We hiked up a river, went alpine sledding, and went for bike rides on beaches. I got to visit London and Paris again and flew transatlantic by myself for the very first time.








I'm still trying to figure a few things out, mainly how to become a better cook and how to blog better and more efficiently, as well as that whole 40 hour a week thing.

For 2014 I'm currently in the process of tearing apart my entire wardrobe and wanting to really cut back on my spending. I'm hoping that a wardrobe purge will help me realize I have just about everything I need and should only buy when I need to replace an item that wears out, not just because I feel as though I have nothing to wear.

And some goals..

A bad habit I'm going to break: Biting/tearing at my cuticles.
A new skill I'd like to learn: Ice skating!
A person I hope to be more like: My husband. His drive at work is incredible - I admire him.
A good deed I'm going to do: Pick a charity and donate/volunteer at it (this will change yearly on my selected charity).
A place I'd like to visit: Yosemite.
A book I'd like to read: A Tale of Two Cities.
A letter I'm going to write: To my dad.
A new food I'd like to try: I've never had sea urchin.
I'm going to do better at: Being a wife, being a patient, kind person, less consumerism, and a better blogger.

And here's to you - happy almost 2014!

10 comments:

  1. Love your resolutions and your highlights! Well done and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Laura! I really like all of your goals. I still need to come up with some for myself! I guess I have a few more hours:) Your travel photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfits you've shown. I also feel like I have a better understanding of my On my way! style too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your 2013 sounded amazing laura!! wishing you a wonderful 2014! cheers to you!! and your curves are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lisa! all the best to you and hubby too!

      Delete
  5. I love your goal list! It looks like you had a great 2013, but I love that you want to make 2014 even better!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs